“Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un”
The God we belong and unto Him shall we return.
The LMA provides funeral services for Muslims according to the Islamic funeral and burial rites and in accordance with the Australian legal requirements.
The LMA accommodates for complete Islamic funeral arrangements that include the following:
- Transport of the deceased from the place of death to the LMA’s Funeral Parlour.
- A private viewing room for immediate family members.
- Maintenance of the deceased overnight at the LMA, if necessary.
- Specially trained females and males to perform ghusl (Islamic burial washing). Allowance of up to 3 family members
assist in the washing.
- Shrouding the body of the deceased.
- Performing the funeral prayer (janazah prayer) at Lakemba Mosque by an LMA Shaykh.
- Burial plot at cemetery of family’s choosing.
- Transportation of the deceased from Lakemba Mosque to the Islamic cemetery section at Rookwood Cemetery or any other
cemetery for burial.
- LMA Shaykh attends burial at grave site and supports the family.
- Lakemba mosque and Shaykh made available for the gathering on the third day (talit) Note: Shaykh is only available at
Lakemba Mosque (Ali ibn Abu Talib).
- Arrangements for obtaining death certificate. (includes application and associated costs)
All preparations of the deceased are performed under strict Islamic guidelines.
The funeral prayer can be performed at Lakemba Mosque. All are welcome to attend the funeral prayer and accompany the deceased to the cemetery.